Which Neuromodulator is best for you?
By Bonnie Wright, RN. Posted Jan 29, 2020
DIFFERENT POKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. NOT ALL WRINKLE TREATMENTS ARE CREATED EQUALLY.
Forehead wrinkles are one of the most common complaints women and men have about their skin as we age. Wrinkles are caused by a combination of sun damage, dehydration, lack of sleep, a loss of collagen, and stress. When it comes to treating wrinkles, we offer a variety of options. With nearly 40 years of experience and the safest most effective cosmetic treatments available, we’re confident you will love your results, no matter the severity of your wrinkles.
Treating Static Wrinkles
To combat static wrinkles, we use a variety of dermal fillers. Dermal fillers restore lost volume to the treated area by boosting collagen production. Read more.
Here are some key points about collagen. More from: Medical News Today.
- Collagen occurs throughout the body, but especially in the skin, bones, and connective tissues.
- Some types of collagen fibrils, gram-for-gram, are stronger than steel.
- Collagen production declines with age and exposure to factors such as smoking and UV light.
- Collagen can be used in collagen dressings, to attract new skin cells to wound sites.
- Cosmetic lotions that claim to increase collagen levels are unlikely to do so, as collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed through the skin.
Treating Dynamic Wrinkles
To combat dynamic wrinkles, we use neuromodulators. Dynamic wrinkles are caused by muscle movement in repeated facial expressions. Neuromodulators are tiny proteins that temporarily block nerve signals, when injected into muscle they limit contraction of the muscles giving the face a much smoother, relaxed look. Botox, Dysport and Juveau are your allies in the war on dynamic wrinkles and they’re excellent for minimizing the appearance of:
- Laugh lines
- Frown lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- Crows feet
- Bunny wrinkles
- Other rogue wrinkles caused by facial muscles
Botox®, Dysport® and Juveau® So how do you know which Neuromodulator is best for you?
The truth is they all work beautifully. Botox, Dysport, and Juveau all contain the same active ingredient: botulinum toxin type A (link to . Each of these neuromodulators relax and gradually smooth out the appearance of wrinkles around the face.
So how do you know which one is best for you?
Compare the formulas below:
- Dysport has a proven safety record. It has been on the U.S. market for aesthetic use for 10 years and is approved in 69 countries with over 25 years of therapeutic and aesthetic clinical experience worldwide. Uniquely, Dysport delivers natural-looking results that aren’t overdone and the results can be seen in as little as 1-3 days lasting up to 3 to 5 months.
- Botox has been on the U.S. market for 17 years and is approved in 75 countries. It is widely researched and studied. Results are seen in two weeks and last about 3 to 4 months.
- Juveau has been on the U.S. market for 1 year. It is a product more formally known as Nobota from Korea. Results are seen up to 4 days to two weeks.
Onset and duration of results
Of course, if you’re considering any type of injectable, you’ll want to know how long you have to wait to see improvement. Botox, Dysport, and Juveau all provide quick results, so whichever one you choose, you’ll see those wrinkles fade away. However, if you’re prepping for a particular event, you should know that Dysport has the most immediate onset time, with visible, full results within 24 to 72 hours.
Great results, whichever product you choose!
At Enliven Aesthetics, we’re proud to provide our patients with a range of products and services that get great results. Botox, Dysport, and Juveau all work beautifully, and while some patients prefer one over the other, the best results will only come from a skilled and experienced injector. Our master injector, Bonnie Wright, RN, has administered thousands of cosmetic injections, helping her patients look and feel gorgeous.
If you’re still not sure whether to choose Botox, Dysport or Juveau, come see us for a consultation. Bonnie will listen to your concerns, evaluate your facial characteristics and health history. We’re excited to put together a treatment plan and help restore your youthful appearance. Give us a call to schedule your consultation today!
Have a Question?
If you have any questions about a treatment, or would like more information, feel free to fill out the form below, or call us at, (858) 609-0866 during our business hours to speak directly to a representative.